Thursday, February 21, 2008

Flash from the past




So, I have been reflecting a lot this last week and a half while Rich was gone (over Valentines) about my life with this amazing man. (but first off isn't he a hottie) I don't think I remember a time that I was more happy than I am now so this is by no means a venting session about missing him over the lovey dovey holiday. In fact I over booked myself so I would not get depressed. I couldn't help but remember how it all started, so I found myself rummaging through old photos, letters etc. And I just have to say it was sooo cool but made me miss him so much. There is a whole other part of his life that I haven't experienced and flipping through photos of him being a reckless missionary and even in Jerusalem with all his girlfriends made me know him so much more than I thought I did. then I looked at old photos of me. All I could think to myself is "WHAT POSSESSED HIM TO MARRY ME?" I mean yeah I was crazy and spunky but....WOW! I looked at letters I had written that made absolutely no sense, wore clothes that made absolutely no sense, and especially acted like I had no sense. This is the guy who dated and planned to marry someone who was like a Valedictorian or lawyer or something smart. What happened? I still ask him that question.
So over Valentines I found myself thinking a lot about who we are today, and I can honestly say that I feel good about who I am and the kind of life that he and I are leading with our two beautiful daughters. Now if only we can keep his feet on the ground here in Cleveland. (Or maybe even land over toward New Mexico with the rest of the fam.)

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh! Look how young you all are in those pictures. You look great. Is your hair still in dreads?! I love it! Ohio is not to far from Pennsylvania ya know. You should come visit us some time when your hubby is out of town-

mamma locks said...

Yep the dreads are still here. I think they'll stay for a while longer too. I think there is going to be a 10 year HS reunion for me but I need to find out details, so I might in your nick of the woods this summer some time. i'll keep you posted. Where exactly are you.

Letty said...

I still love your short hair cut. I remember when you did it and I always admired your courage to go short. Especially when I had such long "untouchable" hair.
As for you and Rich, I think you are a great pair! I always thought that. You meld together so well.
Besides, who ever thought I would marry who I did???
I think they can see the best in us and inspire us to be greater than we are.

Carla said...

Great blog!
Thanks for the email. I was able to link up to your blog. Will it follow me over to my blog? If not can you link it up to my blog. I am retarded! What an adorable family. You are so much fun. Hey I am falling deeeeep into pottery! I am getting my own wheel and kiln after I get moved to NM. wish me luck! I would love to see some of your. Ina says you are the greatest. ( I already knew that) luv ya carla

mamma locks said...

I honestly haven't even missed my short hair yet, I'm still having so much fun with shocking everyone with my dreads. But I'm sure at some point I will. Speaking of haircuts, Collette yours is sooo cute, And by the way you inspired me to paint my house. Woohoo!!! The living room is darkish tope and oatmeal. mmm they go good together.
Carla YOU WILL LOVE POTTERY! Thats all I have to say.. oh and it is very addictive and expensive, but there are worse things right. Maybe I'll come play in the clay with you this summer when we come out to the Lee reunion. :o) Ye Ha!

thekerrclan said...

So fun to see your family. I can't thank you enough for your help with my painting dilema. We go back to court this week...I'll let you know. Hope all is well.

Lisa B. said...

oh i love flashes from the past!!! you always looked great and hip to me:)

Anonymous said...

I think I am going to have to post that picture of us on my Facebook. That was the best high school dance! We had so much fun, and you sure did a good job on my eye makeup! I wish I still had that black dress:(It is fun to read about your perspective now! You and Rich were always the perfect match I think!

Tagen