Monday, June 28, 2010

Anniversary getaway


Ok my mom would be in Heaven! It is date season right now and every palm tree is full of berries. I feel a bit homesick thinking of mom all the time, I'm even craving dates. Me and the girls got to pick some, Rich thinks this baby is going to be made of dates because I've eaten so many.

Last weekend we decided to grab the girls and go snorkeling for our 11th Anniversary. Fujairah is the Eastern most Emerate of the UAE and is renowned for its beautiful mountain scapes and snorkeling. I got to see two sea turtles the size of Felicity, WOW! It was really an amazing experience swimming with the first one for about fifteen minutes before I had to come back to shore. The fish were beautiful, Rich saw a huge school of sardenes that circled around us forever. The girls really enjoyed seeing so many salt creatures and fish. I noticed these fish were not like the onse Rich and I saw in Puerto rico, which were the same kind from the Fish store.

On our way home we stopped at a market, we couldn't turn down a beautiful persian silk rug. Even the girls had to each buy one.

No comments: