Monday, July 7, 2014

Lack of Fourth

Well I'd like to say that we spent our fourth of July in front of a big blue sky full of amazing Asian fireworks, I mean Hey isn't that where we buy them from anyways? I'd like to brag about our fourth picinicking at the Lake before touring Ho Chi Minh Museum or the Pagodas in the Old City. Heck I'd even settle for the excuse of catching a movie or something basic, but we didn't. Actually it was about 8:30 pm before we even remembered that it was our American Independence day, no radio commercials every five minutes in the car to remind me about the latest Holiday. Heck if it wasn't for the commercials in between all my errand running right before the move I'd have missed Fathers day.
And even this being our first time forgetting an American Holiday while abroad my sweet girls didn't even fuss, no begging for us to take them out, or whining poor me I missed the Fourth of July. Our life has been full of shopping, unpacking, and moving furniture. Although a little time eating out a bit and even going to the community pool (yes there is one, actually two that I've found.) I guess you could say we're not tourists yet. Just trying to get used to everything in our new residence. So unromantic!!!! Oh well, maybe my kids feel like we made up for it yesterday with some American friends coming over for our burrito bar, such a nice and refreshing night (entertaining ourselves with card games and great conversation.)

We're getting there.




3 comments:

Jim said...

Loving the blog posts. Happy 4th

Mona Ingram said...

Love the photos. What an awesome opportunity for all of you!

This Old Farmhouse Millville said...

Great pictures! I want to see pictures of your house and your neighborhood! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the 4th.